Comcast's big streaming TV service, NBCUniversal's Peacock revealed. See the power player executives behind Peacock.
Exiting NBCUniversal chairman Steve Burke introduced, at an investor event on Thursday, the media company's big streaming TV play, Peacock, an ad-supported service that will have both free and paid tiers.
Peacock, which launches nationally on July 15, will be the last hurrah for exiting NBCUniversal chairman Steve Burke, who was company's CEO until December and oversaw the development of Peacock.
"Together they have helped craft this plan, along with the people you met today," Brian Roberts, CEO of Comcast, said of the execs, while on stage.
These are the power players behind NBCUniversal's vision for the future of TV, in order of appearance on stage
- Steve Burke, Chairman of NBCUniversal
- Matt Strauss, Chairman of Peacock & NBCUniversal Digital Enterprises
- Bonnie Hammer, Chairman of NBCUniversal Content Studios
- Linda Yaccarino, Chairman of NBCUniversal Advertising & Partnerships
- Jeff Shell, CEO of NBCUniversal